|Air Talisman||Entering the Air altar||Rune Mysteries quest, Drop from Lvl 2 Goblin|
|Mind Talisman||Entering the Mind altar||Drop from Imps, Wizards|
|Water Talisman||Entering the Water altar||Drop from Wizards|
|Earth Talisman||Entering the Earth altar||Drop from Men and Women|
|Fire Talisman||Entering the Fire altar||Drop from Guards|
|Body Talisman||Entering the Body altar||Drop from Guards|
|Cosmic Talisman||Entering the Cosmic altar||M.O.M, Caskets from Fishing, Drop from Lesser Demon|
|Chaos Talisman||Entering the Chaos altar||Drop from Lesser Demon, Level 45 Skeleton|
|Astral Talisman||Entering the Astral altar||Lunar Diplomacy|
|Nature Talisman||Entering the Nature altar||Drop from Moss Giants, Banshees|
|Law Talisman||Entering the Law altar||Troll Stronghold Quest|
|Death Talisman||Entering the Death altar||Mourner's End Part 2|
|Air||1||Southwest of Falador|
|Mind||2||North of Faldor, close to wilderness.|
|Earth||9||North East of Varrock|
|Fire||14||Near the Al Kharid Duel Arena entrance|
|Body||20||North West of Barbarian Village|
|Cosmic||27||Inside Zanaris (Do Lost City quest to gain access)|
|Chaos||35||Low level wilderness, North West of Edgeville|
|Astral||40||Moon Clan island|
|Nature||44||North of Shilo Village|
|Law||54||North Eastern corner of Entrana|
|Death||65||Temple of Light, under West Ardougne|
|Mist||6||Water + Air|
|Dust||10||Earth + Air|
|Mud||13||Earth + Water|
|Smoke||15||Fire + Air|
|Steam||19||Fire + Water|
|Lava||23||Fire + Earth|
Keen mages among you will notice that there is one very good combo rune, Muds. With these, you can cast the binding spells with no rune loss. If you have lava runes (You should seriously consider quitting) and you use a spell which uses 3 fire runes, but no earth runes. You will still lose 3 lava runes. However, there is worse to come. In order to create combo runes, you must sacrifice a talisman for every load. What were jagex thinking? Say you are idiot user #1 and you want to make lava runes. You have two options, go to the earth altar and bring a fire talisman and fire runes along with your ess, or go to the fire altar and take an earth talisman and earth runes along with your ess. Then craft away. You are now the proud owner of lava runes. Another note, when making combo runes, you can fail at it just like when smelting Iron ore, meaning that it only is succesful 50% of the time.. To remedy this, make necklace of binding (enchant an Emerald necklace).
Now that we know of all the possible runes, the location of the temples and what we need in order to craft, we should now consider how best to optimise our crafting. Firstly, youíll want a tiara. These save you an inventory slot and allow one the pleasure of one less click per run. Instead of using a talisman on mysterious ruins, you just click the ruins and hey presto. To get a tiara, grab a silver bar and a tiara mould (Al Kharid crafting shop) and head for the nearest furnace. Make yourself a tiara. Next, take your tiara along with the talisman of your choice to the matching altar. Use the talisman on the alter (Not the mysterious ruins) and hey presto! Instant talisman! Now that we have that over with, youíll be wanting pouches. To get these, do the Zamorak mage miniquest and kill leeches (They die fast, and everything has the same drop rate) in the abyss until they drop you some essence pouches, there are four types.
|Name||Number of Essence held||Level to Use|
Exactly why you need a high rune crafting level to reach into a bag and pull out essence is beyond me. Pouches speed up solo rune crafting by a large amount, at level 50 you can almost craft double the normal amount per run. So, we have our tiaras, our pouches, and our essence. Now we consider the routes to take.
Air Rune Crafting
1. Falador East bank to the altar, run both ways.
2. Draynor to altar, glory amulet teleport back.
Mind Rune Crafting
1. Run from Falador West bank to the altar and back.
2. Same as 1, but teleport back.
Water Rune Crafting
1. Run from Draynor bank and back.
2. Same as 1, but glory amulet teleport back to Draynor.
Earth Rune Crafting
1. Run from Varrok east bank and back.
Fire Rune Crafting
1. Run from the duel arena bank and back.
2. Run from Al Kharid bank and back.
3. Ring of dueling teleport to duel arena, craft runes, ring of dueling teleport to castle wars, bank and repeat.
Body Rune Crafting
1. Run from Edgeville and back
2. Run from Edgeville and glory amulet teleport back
Cosmic Rune Crafting
1. Run from Zanaris bank and back.
2. Abyss run.
Chaos Rune Crafting
1. Run from Edgeville and back
2. Abyss run
Astral Rune Crafting
1. Run from Moon Clan bank to altar, teleport back using Lunar Magic
Nature Rune Crafting
1. Run from Shilo and back.
2. Withdraw noted essence and GP. Sell essence to general store north of the altar, buy it back (Un noted now) run to the altar, craft, run back to the store, repeat.
3. Start in Al Kharid, use the glider to go to Karmanja, run to the altar, glory amulet tele back to Al Kharid.
4. Ring of Dueling teleport to duel arena, glider to Karmanja, craft runes, Ring of dueling teleport to castle wars, bank and repeat.
5. Abyss run
Law Rune Crafting
1. Run from Falador, boat to Entrana, craft and run back.
2. Same as 1, but use a Falador teleport.
3. Start in Draynor, go to the altar and glory amulet teleport back to Draynor
4. Abyss run
Death Rune Crafting
1. Use Abyss, never even consider any other way
So, whatís the best way to get experience? Fire runes. Under 30 seconds per run combined with pouches is a winning combination. The only problem is keeping up a supply of rings of dueling for all the teleporting. One ring gives 4 runs.